Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"It Entropies Us" by Chris Mason

I push my glasses onto my nose
I rub behind my ears
I blink
Maybe I forgot to lock door
Middle of night a mechanism near the bed
is not permitted to be touched
Night contraptions connect basement
to floor boards to strings around the room
Wake up, body connected to the house!
Wake up, mind imagining integral structures!
Crack in sidewalk next to foundation
Curved gutter rusty, how do that?
House shifting, window won’t open
Unseen ceiling peeling paint
What about that work you did on the siding?
Moot!
What about that excellent floor job?
Moot!
What about the refinished bathroom?
Moot!
Newton’s 2nd Law of Thermodynamics:
Stuff put together comes apart



Chris Mason will be performing his work at WORMS on November 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment